Level of Experience Experience required
Experience 5 Years
Desired Status Non EE/AA
Job Category IT & Telecommunications
POSITION: Senior Systems Engineer
LOCATION: Umhlanga, Durban, KZN
STARTING DATE: ASAP/Immediately
- Relevant qualification
- Advanced server systems administration (Linux/Unix)
- Advanced networking – routing, switching, firewalling, and general IP networking experience
- Advanced DNS administration
- VMware, HyperV, ESXi, and related
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience installing, maintaining, and supporting a corporate/ISP infrastructure environment.
- A minimum of 5 years’ working experience as an IT support technician and directly supporting end-users, both face-to-face and remotely
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience installing, maintaining, and supporting corporate network environments (LAN & WAN)
- VPN and WAN setup/support
- In-depth understanding of BGP, OSPF, MPLS, VOIP, VPN
- CCNA/CCNP (or equivalent)
- SAN/NAS technologies
- Drivers license
- Mail server experience (Postfix, Sendmail, Exim, Antispam/Antivirus, DNSBL, SMTP protocol & general mail routing)
- Wireless networking
- LAMP stack
- BGP, OSPF, MPLS, VOIP, VPN
- PHP & WordPress admin
- Microsoft Office 365 and Azure experience
- Experience with helpdesk ticketing systems such as OTRS, Zendesk & osTicket, Heat, Remedy, etc.
- Microsoft certifications, including MCSA-O365 and MS900/MD101/MS101/MS500
- Microsoft Azure certifications in AZ103/AZ300/AZ500
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintenance of our ISP network and hosting environment, including mail, DNS, firewall, web, and all virtual server environments.
- Effective involvement in projects and the rollout of solutions to clients.
- Support and maintenance of custom in-house applications.
- Managing the integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
- Be accountable for effecting remote and onsite IT support to all internal and external stakeholders in the recording and resolution of all IT support tickets logged and/or calls taken
- Provide technical support in terms of hardware, software, systems, and administration
- Ensure expected service levels and response times are adhered to
- Follow the company processes to effectively escalate matters with effective resolutions
- Maintain constant communication with end-users, engineers, partners, and third-party service providers on all matters that require technical support
- Provide after-hours support on rotation with the team
- Create, oversee and test security measures (e.g. access authentication and disaster recovery)
- Build and document network management and telemetry road maps for infrastructure and services
- Integrate network management platforms into the Microsoft cloud for new and existing technologies
- Experience in workload deployments to public clouds: Amazon, Azure, etc
- Architecture and design of fault-tolerant systems
- Applicants & job seekers are advised, required & requested to apply for the position directly on Jobnet Recruitment’s website. https://www.jobnetrecruitment.co.za/jobs-listing/
- Only applicants that match the minimum requirements of the job specification will be contacted.
- If you have not heard from us after 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful for this position.