Level of Experience Experience required
Experience 8 Years +
Desired Status Non EE/AA
Job Category IT & Telecommunications
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
POSITION: Senior Cloud Engineer
LOCATION: Umhlanga (KwaZulu-Natal)
SALARY: Market-related, depending on experience (CTC package will include Medical Aid contribution)
STARTING DATE: Immediately or ASAP depending on notice to be worked
- More than 10 years of experience in a technical role with the last 3-4 years focused on Microsoft cloud solutions, having deployed projects, architecture, design, implementation, and/or support.
- Related Degree in Information Technology – Computer Engineering/Computer Science etc.
- A professional who understands that best results are achieved through collaborating with others, and not just in working alone.
- A natural-born teacher who will do what it takes to up-skill the people around you, and has an opinion on what constitutes great work.
- Career-focused with the motivation to forge one’s own path to success within a high-performing team.
- The diligence and discipline to get things done, no matter the level or perceived cachet of the task.
- Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with clients.
- Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get a consensus on solutions/projects.
- Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies.
- Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to orchestrate, lead, and influence virtual teams, ensuring successful implementation of customer projects.
- Experience with deploying and training users on Microsoft Teams, InTune and Sharepoint
- Technical experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, virtualisation, architecture designs, database migrations, and technology management.
- Microsoft certifications, including MCSA-O365 and MS900/MD101/MS101/MS500
- Microsoft Azure certifications in AZ103/AZ300/AZ500
- Valid driver’s license
- Technical experience and knowledge, in two or more data platform cloud solutions – such as AWS or Google Cloud
- Advanced analytics including Azure Data Bricks and visualization tools such as PowerBI
- The technical aptitude and experience to learn new technologies and understand relevant cloud trend
- Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs
- Prior work experience in an architectural position, within a technology and solutions-driven environment.
- Linux operating systems
- Advanced networking skills with Firewalls (Mikrotik, Cisco, Juniper, Fortinet)
- Understanding customers’ overall data centre, IT and business processes, to design implementation and roll-out cloud-focused solutions.
- Application of technical knowledge to architect solutions that meet business and IT needs, creating a data platform and ensuring long term technical viability of Microsoft 365 deployments
- Ensuring solutions exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment
- Develop deep relationships with the customer’s IT team and provide guidance to enable them to be cloud advocates
- To share insights and best practices, as well as connecting with the engineering team to identify and resolve network security matters
- Assess the customers’ knowledge of the Microsoft 365 platform and overall cloud readiness, to support customers through a structured learning plan and ensuring its delivery through partners.
- Collaborate with other engineers in developing complex end-to-end enterprise solutions on Microsoft 365.
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights, collaborate and share with the technical community while educating customers on the Microsoft 365 platform.
- Be a Microsoft 365 evangelist with customers, partners and external communities
- Only applicants that match the minimum requirements of the job specification will be contacted.
- If you have not heard from us after 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful for this position.