Level of Experience Experience required
Experience 2 Years
Desired Status EE/AA
Job Category FMCG, Retail, Wholesale & Supply Chain
POSITION: Junior Buyer
LOCATION: Isando, Johannesburg
SALARY: R15 000 p/m negotiable
STARTING DATE: ASAP/Immediately
The ideal candidate must be goal orientated and driven to maximise profit margins for the company through procurement processes. The candidate must have strong communicational skills and must be able to work under pressure to achieve company targets and deadlines. An entrepreneurial flair to think out of the box will be beneficial. Buying experience will be an advantage in the FMCG and export market.
REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS:
- Minimum matric and three-year work experience in the procurement field.
- National Diploma in supply chain management will be an advantage for the position.
- Experience with logistical & export procedures
- Experience in using other Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal – English. (Portuguese will be an advantage)
- Must be willing to travel abroad to neighbouring countries. (Mozambique)
- Must be willing to work after hours/weekends if needed. (Stock takes etc.)
- Good admin and organising skills.
- Team player.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Optimisation of Supplier Relationships.
- Ensuring products are bought and negotiated at market-related prices or less.
- Negotiating trading terms with suppliers to achieve maximum payment terms, rebates, and marketing support.
- Managing daily inventory processes.
- Forecasting, management of stock, and purchasing thereof.
- Checking of GRN’s and invoicing after receipt of deliveries.
- Planning deliveries with suppliers and warehouse/receiving.
- Experience in problem-solving; investigating and resolving queries promptly and effectively.
- Market surveys to be conducted to check the competitiveness of the product range.
- Sourcing of new suppliers and products on a regular basis to keep up with demand and trends.
- Setting up meetings with suppliers regularly to negotiate deals.
- Ensuring pricing master is up to date and communicated with management if any price changes take place.
- Retrieve reports from the operating system and generate monthly reports to measure trends and manage stock levels.
- Retrieve reports from the operating system and generate monthly reports for management.
- Administration must be maintained.
- Numerical and analytical skills.
- Placing purchase orders and expediting them timeously.
- Articulate with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels is essential.
- Demonstrates strong organisational skills including an ability to prioritise effectively, deliver high-quality work and adhere to stringent deadlines.
- To apply suitable candidates are requested to send the following qualifying items to email@example.com
- Updated CV with your current contact details (Contact number & Email Address)
- A cover letter (your cover letter should tell us about your experience & knowledge, what you can offer/bring to the company, and why you believe you are the best-suited candidate for the position?)
- Head & Shoulders Photo of yourself (no sunglasses or inappropriate photo’s please)
- Copy of ID
- Copy of qualifications & certificates
- To view/apply for the position on Jobnet Recruitment’s website. https://www.jobnetrecruitment.co.za/jobs-listing/
- Only applicants that comply with the above-mentioned and matching the requirements of the job will be contacted.
- If you have not heard from us after 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful for this position.