Level of Experience Experience required
Experience 4 Years
Desired Status EE/AA
Job Category IT & Telecommunications
POSITION: Automation Tester
TYPE: 6-month contract
STARTING DATE: ASAP/Immediately
- Degree / Diploma in computer science, software engineering, or related technical discipline
- Minimum 4 years of automation testing experience on different mobile platforms.
- ISTQB/ISEB qualification will be an advantage
- Experience in setting up continuous integration tools and executing automated tests.
- Experience in setting up physical and virtual mobile devices in device farms.
- Proven ability to read and understand test requirements and list out the logical testing path.
- Understanding of computer networks and excellent troubleshooting skills in these environments.
- Experience working with defect tracking –JIRA preferred
- Strong background with mobile apps testing (multiple platforms, devices, and operating systems)
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain automation scripts.
- Work closely with the developers, analysts, and product owners to ensure automation delivery.
- Develop and maintain the automation framework supporting the tests.
- Execute automated regression tests on physical and virtual devices through a CI pipeline.
- Setup automation test cases and test plans in a test management tool.
- Provide on-call support for automation tests running in production.
- Investigate automation failures and raise necessary tickets against relevant teams.
- Understand the front-end and back-end architecture.
- Setup and Maintain physical and virtual devices in device farms.
- Develop status reports based on test completion/findings and communicate these to team leaders including any impact on the overall project plan
- Perform all tasks with attention to detail
- Provide estimation for automation tasks added in the sprint.
- Provide daily & weekly status test reporting to test lead
- Troubleshoot issues experienced during testing
- Understanding of UI and back-end testing
- Ability and experience with prioritisation of tasks, identification of items requiring escalation
- To apply suitable candidates are requested to send the following qualifying items to email@example.com
- Updated CV with your current contact details (Contact number & Email Address)
- A cover letter (your cover letter should tell us about your experience & knowledge, what you can offer/bring to the company, and why you believe you are the best-suited candidate for the position?)
- Head & Shoulders Photo of yourself (no sunglasses or inappropriate photo’s please)
- Copy of ID
- Copy of qualifications & certificates
- To view/apply for the position on Jobnet Recruitment’s website. https://www.jobnetrecruitment.co.za/jobs-listing/
- Only applicants that comply with the above-mentioned and matching the requirements of the job will be contacted.
- If you have not heard from us after 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful for this position.