Level of Experience Experience required
Experience 3 Years
Desired Status EE/AA
Job Category Banking, Finance, Insurance. Stockbroking
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
POSITION: Actuarial Associate
STARTING DATE: ASAP/Immediately
Assist the Actuarial Partner with Financial Advisor queries and the development, testing, and implementation of various financial solutions to enhance our offering to clients.
- B.Sc. degree in Actuarial Science
- Core Principals (CS1-2) (CM 1-2) (CB1-3) and Core Practical (CP 1-3)
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role or relevant experience in the financial services asset management industry
- Microsoft Office with Advanced Excel and VBA
- SQL will be a distinct advantage
- Matlab, R, Python, C# will be a distinct advantage
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Resolve Financial Advisor and actuarial queries timeously and correctly
- Compile, maintain and distribute various recurring and ad-hoc management reports
- Interpret and assist with the implementation and understanding of various regulations and standards and licenses
- Ensure Financial Advisor understanding of in-house tools, performance fees, performance reporting, products, etc. through training and query resolution.
- Assist Financial Advisors to implement the house view
- Identify and manage potential projects that can reduce the need for individual queries and/or improve the offering to clients. Build, test, and implement tools or collaborate with IT (internal & external) to develop, test, and implement technology solutions.
- Maintain internal tools, systems, and data
- Perform actuarial, financial planning, etc. research as required to answer queries
- To apply suitable candidates are requested to send the following qualifying items to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Updated CV with your current contact details (Contact number & Email Address)
- A cover letter (your cover letter should tell us about your experience & knowledge, what you can offer/bring to the company, and why you believe you are the best-suited candidate for the position?)
- Head & Shoulders Photo of yourself (no sunglasses or inappropriate photo’s please)
- Copy of ID
- Copy of qualifications & certificates
- To view/apply for the position on Jobnet Recruitment’s website. https://www.jobnetrecruitment.co.za/jobs-listing/
- Only applicants that comply with the above-mentioned and matching the requirements of the job will be contacted.
- If you have not heard from us after 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful for this position.